Quality is never compromised in Relay's operations as a specialist logistics company. Our achievement of ISO 9001 accreditation and the FORS (Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme) Bronze standard for haulage companies demonstrates the high priority we place on all aspects of safety, operational excellence, fuel efficiency and vehicle emissions reduction in the operation of Relay's technical transport services.
In a specialist transport logistics marketplace that demands precision, reliability and flexibility, our people and our fleet must be best in class among haulage companies. Relay provides exceptional specialist technical transport services, with experience in the logistics and handling of a very wide range of vulnerable and bulky customer assets. Transporting fragile equipment, ranging from computer equipment or multi-function printers (MFPs) to laboratory and medical equipment, most of which is critical to the end user's operations, requires a great deal of transportation specialist skill and knowledge.
As an exceptionally well-resourced tech transport and specialist logistics company with UK and worldwide supply chain networks, Relay can offer:
- Equipment transport via over 60 custom built, climate controlled, tail-lift, air-ride vehicles undertaking technical transport services out of our three nationwide depots
- More than 100 transportation specialist driving staff used in IT and computer transport and other technical transportation activities, trained in customer care and machine handling
- The very latest specialist handling equipment to easily overcome the logistics issues of awkward sites that haulage companies frequently have to contend with, especially when providing our specialised transport and technical services involving the damage free movement and installation of high value, bulky and fragile customer assets
- Positioning and unpacking after transporting fragile equipment
- Relay's technical transport services also include the collection, transport and safe disposal of packaging and redundant equipment, including collecting and moving computer equipment for disposal, in full compliance with Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE Directive) regulations
The comprehensive skills, resources and experience that Relay can provide as a transportation specialist can give our customers total confidence that their valuable assets are being handled with the highest levels of care and attention.